Supporting those without online access
We aim to have all children engaging with remote learning. To achieve this, we provide range of support to allow maximum access to the learning on offer.
We will happily provide the following:
- We can loan you a school device if you do not have one at home or if you are a large family
- We will help set up your device if you are having difficulties
- We will provide written or verbal guidance on how to gain access or set things up
- We will provide stationery and other resources
- We will provide paper copies of the work set - if you do have wifi access, we encourage this as a last resort as we feel that the live teaching from teachers is key if it is possible to access it.
We hope that these FAQs and responses will help if you are unsure of what to do.
Find it difficult to engage with the full school day and complete the learning for all subjects?
Focus on the reading/phonics, English lessons and maths lessons and view the rest of the curriculum as added extras if you have time.
Don’t have the time or expertise to teach the children the concepts?
This is why we are ensuring that all key learning is delivered live by the teachers. This takes that burden from you.
Can’t stick to the timings on the timetable?
All lessons are recorded, allowing you/your child to watch the teaching of the teachers at a time that suits you.
Don’t have a device to allow your child to access Google Classroom?
Contact us and we will provide a device for you.
Have a device but can’t get it to work?
Contact us, come into school and we will do our best to sort if for you. If we can’t, we will loan you one of ours.
Don’t have stationery or resources to complete the work?
Let us know and we will provide it for you to collect. Next week we will be allocating year group slots to collect packs of resources.
Need specific resources for other subjects?
Let us know and we will provide it for you. Teachers will not plan lessons that require specialist resources.
Don’t have access to reading books?
You can log onto Oxford Owl – details are on Google Classroom and Gateway. From next week, your child will be able to log onto MYON, which links to our school reading scheme.
Have any other barriers to engaging with remote learning?
Contact us via the Gateway or telephone and we will do everything we can to help.